Monday, August 10, 2009

STAFF PICK: MICAELA


Micaela: Senior Buyer
Starsign: Cancer
Spinning in Current Rotation: Arthur Verocai, The Knife, JZ circa 1996, and Rocky Fontaine
Favorite Moment In the Sun: Lounging poolside in Bermuda with my dad (awwww . . .)
Must-Have Purchase For Fall: I don't think that trench coats get enough run on the west coast. More girls need a good classic trench in their closet. I would love to find a sequined trench and I'd pair it with cashmere leggings and my Tom Ford era YSL ankle boots.
First Summer Item to Store Come Colder Months: Jean shorts.
Staff Pick: YSL velvet trench with colonial embroidery.
Et Pourquoi: Duh--It's Tom Ford. It's a collector's piece. I like the ethnic feel of the vest but it's not too bohemian. And its versatile; you could dress it down with holey jeans or dress it up with a nice trouser. Basically, it just looks like art to me.
*YSL Velvet Vest with cream colored colonial-inspired embroidery and ruflled hem. In mint condition. In a size 38 and priced at $1870.
For further information or to purchase, please contact: lizzy@decadestwo.com

No comments: