Tuesday, June 22, 2010

BALENCIAGA BABY!

A true classic never goes out of style. And while this Balenciaga bag is perhaps too new to be a classic, the style has certainly been a fave of startlets, scenesters and style-makers everywhere. All Balenciaga bags have enjoyed "It Bag" status--never falling out of favor. Suffice to say, the girls we know who have them, rock them, keeping these babies in heavy rotation.

Personally, I prefer the verticality of the Balenciaga DAY bag to its horizontal counterparts (CITY, PART-TIME, FIRST). Additionally, the Day bag has something more 70s gypsy than uber-metro-power-bitch. Don't get me wrong--I'll throw down with an Alaia bondage mini, metal stilettos and some Gaultier cropped/shoulder padded jacket any day of the week. But there's something (to my way of thinking) about the shape of the DAY bag that reminds me of cruising down Highway 61, with my hand out the window, weaving waves into the air.

Besides, I need the room of the Day bag. I mean, who knows what you may have to bring on a fashion emergency???

*Balenciaga mocha Day bag. Retails in stores for $1145 and priced at $700.

For further information or to purchase, please contact: lizzy@decadestwo.com

No comments: