Thursday, March 11, 2010

FRATERNAL TWINS



Ok, so they aren't identical. But they're pretty close . . . I do not understand what is going on with floofy, fluffy, flouncy frocks at this year's Oscars. I've been going over it in my mind again and again and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why this shape and style has come back in vogue. It seems to be outdated and somewhat matronly. Obviously, both of these ladies have amazing style so their choice of red carpet wear has me above all things, puzzled. Especially considering that Spring trends are sooooo fashion forward with sleek sophisticated lines and shapes--think military, architectural cuts with geometric prints and peek-a-boo lingerie. We're looking at modern silhouettes for a modern woman, so I guess I just cannot understand why stylists have encouraged their clients to go in pretty pretty princess mode. That said, the colors of these gowns are lovely--slate grey and tawny peach--flattering for any skin tone and so elegant.

No comments: